Applications

Ill be upfront I have applied to countless servers and always its the same denied. I could spend 45 minutes or more applying to get rejected and not told why only that the reason could be anything on the application. Its like taking a test and not being told what was wrong just that hey this is your score sorry. How is anyone supposed to be able to improve or try harder at something without knowing what needs work. This is not even directed only at PGN just my general opinion. Its my opinion that there should be a distinct reason for a denial. Without such item being provided I am once again stuck not knowing what I have done wrong and how to improve upon it. I would love this to be an open discussion as I'm sure many on this forum are members that likely do actively play or even those in the same position that I am in or trying to be accepted.

P.S. No salt intended I am sure there is reason for a denied application and that is not up for dispute in my mind just annoyed that I have a week to not know what I need to do better just to try again and hope I happen to improve on whatever the issue is! 

• Stonks Up 4

Main reason being, if they put out the reasons you failed on a silver plate, theres a high chance the denied will not learn and just use the reasons to make his second app which wasnt made with experience, but a put out list of do's and dont's which obviosly doesn't show much skill.

Trust, after some time you will be writing apps left and right and getting accepted everywhere, it takes time, good luck

• Stonks Up 1
  • Stonks Down 1

Grammar, punctuation, and sentence construction play a big part when it comes to applications. The best thing to do when it comes to filling out applications is to slow down, proofread more then once, and make sure your responses match the question. Sometimes it’ll take me two hours to fill an application out. 

• Stonks Up 3

5 hours ago, Veiby said:

Main reason being, if they put out the reasons you failed on a silver plate, theres a high chance the denied will not learn and just use the reasons to make his second app which wasnt made with experience, but a put out list of do's and dont's which obviosly doesn't show much skill.

Trust, after some time you will be writing apps left and right and getting accepted everywhere, it takes time, good luck

Agreed I can certainly see how that is true my mind went to helping to control over population on the server. Its more a matter of at least in my case not wanting a silver platter just information for me to jump off of to improve. As an example being told hey your scenarios need to be improved as well as character backstory. Would allow you to know what needs done yet not how to do it just allow you to either research or just keep putting a higher level of effort into those areas. Hell I have a drafted application at this point that looks more akin to a college essay just to play a video game😂

• Stonks Up 1
  • Haha 1

Same problem here on my 4th application and had read the handbook multiple times before hand, I answered the questions correctly and wrote 2 or more paragraphs on each question, had good grammar and all that stuff, I don't see why I was denied I put hours into the application, and it should be perfect. I need help understanding what I'm doing wrong, my brain disability makes it hard to see why when I have no clue what's wrong. Any tips anyone can give me to help me out?

• Stonks Up 1

Personally dealing with applications for things in Minecraft events, I know it can be a bit frustrating, as with our denials, we typically have 3 standard denial reasons. But we can't say exactly what was wrong, because then applications will just cater to the application readers. At least for me, we want people to make applications and through their own creativity and such. This helps the readers in seeing really who is a good fit!

Yes, it can be disheartening, but just gotta keep moving forward!

An Avid Beer Drinker

Snōw

Snōw#0001

Snow3 (1).png